This easy Sesame Asian Slaw recipe is quick and easy to make, and can easily double as a side salad or main dish!
How to make Asian cabbage salad dressing!
First, prepare your veggies by placing shredded green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots in a bowl. Add thinly sliced bell peppers, green onions, and sliced almonds. Make a sesame dressing by whisking together soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and rice vinegar. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to mix thoroughly. then serve and enjoy.
This easy Sesame Asian Slaw recipe is quick and easy to make, tossed with the yummiest sesame vinaigrette, and can easily double as a side salad or main dish!
What to serve with Asian cabbage salad
This nutritious salad makes a wonderful side dish to any Asian-style main dish. I often serve it with Asian meatballs or with soy sauce chicken.
MORE ASIAN CABBAGE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES READERS LOVE!
braised pork belly – succulent & juicy every time!
mushroom and tofu stir fry recipes – elegant and simple
baked acorn squash recipes – so delicious!
bacon spaghetti recipes – super easy
shrimp and celery salad – fresh & flavorful!
Asian cabbage salad dressing
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 3 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 3/4 cup bell peppers thinly sliced red, yellow
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, green onions, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl; whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the slaw.
- Garnish with additional green onions if desired, then serve immediately, or refrigerate.