If you love bacon-wrapped things, then this is the best dish you can get! Asparagus is delicious on its own, Wrapping this elegant veggie with bacon is pretty much everyone’s favorite way.
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
This recipe starts with fresh asparagus stalks. I find that the thicker asparagus stalks work best here because. Divide the asparagus stalks into 5 bundles. Tightly wrap one slice of bacon around each bundle. then add some seasoned butter and into the oven they go!
Is an easy and delicious side dish, This bacon wrapped asparagus recipe is so easy because instead of individually wrapping one asparagus spear at a time, bundles can be baked or grilled together.
MORE ASPARAGUS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp – Favorite recipe!
Pineapple Pork Chops – The perfect summer recipe
ground chicken recipes – Simply classic.
shrimp shish kabob – easy favorite!
asparagus and shrimp recipes – Easy and delicious!
twice baked potato casserole – set it and forget it!
White Chicken Chili – so easy.
bacon wrapped asparagus
- 1 lb thick asparagus stalks trimmed
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the asparagus stalks into 5 bundles. Tightly wrap one slice of bacon around each bundle. After wrapping the asparagus spears with bacon, secure with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, garlic powder, brown sugar, and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus bundles on a baking sheet and drizzle the butter mixture over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Serve, sprinkled with parsley if desired.
1 thought on “bacon wrapped asparagus”