baked potato wedges
baked potato wedges recipes
potato wedges are lightly coated in olive oil and salt and pepper before being baked to crunchy perfection so they taste just like potato wedges from your favorite restaurant.
These easy baked crunchy potato wedges are one of my favorite easy side dishes because you don’t need a ton of extra equipment or fancy ingredients. Extra crispy oven baked potato wedges flavored with garlic and herbs.
These Extra Crispy Baked Garlic & Herb Wedges are so flavorful! Pair them with burgers, steak, or seafood! Just be sure to make enough, because these Garlic and Herb Wedges are always a crowd-pleaser!
BEST Bake Potato Wedges recipes
How to Bake Potato Wedges
You’ll also need a large baking sheet, some tinfoil, and a baking rack (this is what I use). The assembly takes very little effort and should take less than 10 minutes. Perfect for those nights you’re in no mood to fuss around with food.
The wedges will bake on an oven-safe rack that’s been placed over a large baking sheet lined foil. You’ll bake them at 450 degrees (F) for 30 minutes. At this point you’ll crank on the broiler (or increase the temperature to the broiler setting, depending on how your oven works) and let them bake for another 3-5 minutes. This step is what gets the outside layer so darn crispy.
MORE POTATO RECIPES READERS LOVE!
baked potato wedges
- 4-5 potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 3 cloves fresh garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with tinfoil (shiny side up). Place a baking rack onto prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes in half (lengthwise), then cut each piece into wedges.
- Place the potato wedges into a large bowl, then add in the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, seasoning, and black pepper. Mix well, making sure each wedge is coated with oil and spices.
- Arrange the potato wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn on the broiler and bake for another 4-5 minutes, or until they're well browned and crispy. Keep an eye here - it's easy to burn when the broiler is on!
- Cool wedges on pan for 5 minutes, Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and dressing for dipping.