This Baked Shrimp Scampi couldn’t be easier to make, and it’s loaded with the wonderful flavors of lemon, garlic and Parmesan. Delicious!
The pasta absorbs more liquid than you might think (~4 cups to this 1 pound of linguine), but the result is a nice, easy dinner. Top that pasta with some shrimp (coated in Panko breadcrumbs) and continue baking for a bit longer, and you end up with this classic dish…but it was baked entirely in the oven!
I used frozen jumbo shrimp. I often keep a pack of shrimp in the freezer, so I just thawed the shrimp in a bowl of water for about 15 minutes before tossing ’em in a bit of melted butter and Panko breadcrumbs. I opted to leave the tail-on as I love the look, but you could certainly use completely shelled shrimp here.
Shrimp cook (or, in this case, bake) quickly, so keep an eye on ’em once you put this dish back in the oven. If you need an easy weeknight meal, this Baked Shrimp Scampi is a good one!
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
Baked Shrimp Scampi
- 8 oz. linguine pasta
- 1 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated and divided plus more for garnish
- 1 pounds large raw shrimp shelled and deveined but with tails on
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup Panko-style bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp Italian parsley chopped plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the pasta evenly into baking dish. (Note: If needed, feel free to break pasta in half.)
- Using a medium mixing bowl, add chicken stock, lemon juice, mustard, onion, garlic and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese; whisk together until well combined. Pour this mixture over uncooked pasta and stir gently.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and stir. Replace foil and continue baking for 20 more minutes. (Note: Stirring is important here as the pasta will tend to clump together if it’s not stirred up a bit.)
- Using a large mixing bowl, add shrimp, melted butter, Panko-style bread crumbs, remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley; toss until well combined. Spread this mixture evenly on top of pasta.
- Bake uncovered for 10-12 more minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with additional chopped parsley
4 thoughts on “Baked Shrimp Scampi”