creates the perfect char for this bite-sized blistered pepper appetizer tossed with flavored salts and freshly squeezed lemon. All you need are the shishito peppers, olive oil, and salt.
How to Cook Shishito Peppers
Blistered shishito peppers are so easy to cook. but you just need enough peppers to cover the base of your skillet and enough oil to lightly coat the peppers. and cook the peppers, turning occasionally.
Then transfer them all to a serving dish, and finish them off with a spritz of lemon juice and a generous sprinkle of salt.
MORE BLISTERED SHISHITO PEPPERS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
asparagus pasta recipe – perfect light lunch!
mango chicken recipe – super easy
Pineapple Salsa Recipe – fresh & flavorful!
Mango Salsa – great for summer
Blistered Shishito Peppers
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 shishito peppers
- Coarse kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- Toss shishito peppers with extra virgin olive oil in a bowl, so the peppers are well coated.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until the pan is hot. Add the peppers to the hot skillet and cook the peppers, turning occasionally. Let the peppers sear and blister on one side, then use tongs to turn them over individually to sear on the other side.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with plus a squeeze more lemon then sprinkle with flavored salts. Serve immediately.