This easy, delicious salad is full of fresh broccoli, onions, bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese.
How do you make Broccoli and Bacon Salad?
You’ll start by lightly blanching bite-sized florets of fresh broccoli in boiling water – just long enough to remove the rawness of the broccoli, Then, scoop the broccoli out of the pot with a spider strainer or long-handled slotted spoon, and immediately plunge the broccoli pieces into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
Once the broccoli is cooled and drained, combine it with chopped, crispy, cooked bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and thinly sliced onion, sliced almonds and mayonnaise mixture.
this broccoli salad with bacon is my idea of perfection. It’s crunchy and full of flavor – perfect for bringing to a barbecue or a side for any night of the week.
MORE Bacon SALAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
muffin tin eggs – Easy to make!
Twice Baked Potatoes – the classically delicious version
vegetable noodles – Easy favorite!
Bacon Mushroom Pasta – fresh, easy & delicious
breakfast casserole – Quick family favorite.
chicken and broccoli Spiral pasta – super easy
chicken vegetable soup – packed with flavor
Broccoli Bacon Salad
- 1 large or 2 small heads of broccoli
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon cut into 1/2-in pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Cut off the thickest part of the stem of broccoli and discard. Cut the remaining head into small florets. Heat a medium pot with water and bring to a boil, then salt the water.
- Fill a medium to large bowl with ice water. Once the pot of water is boiling. Immediately drain off the water and plunge the broccoli into the ice bath.
- Cook the bacon until crispy and then crumble. Discard bacon fat .
- In a large mixing bowl add the broccoli and add cooked, crumbled bacon, sliced almonds, onion and cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl mix the salt, black pepper,mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the broccoli mixture, combine and serve.