Butter Cookies are one of those classic cookies that everyone loves.They have a rich buttery flavor and a satisfying crisp tender texture.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES:
Start by creaming together two sticks of butter with confectioner’s sugar and vanilla.
Now add all-purpose flour, and salt if you used unsalted butter.
Mix for another 15 seconds or so until a dough comes together.
Place the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip, and pipe circles onto a silicone mat or parchment paper-lined baking sheet
These Shortbread Cookies are deliciously crisp and buttery in a classic way, and are especially wonderful for Christmas and holiday baking!
MORE BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Cinnamon Muffins – Classic perfection
Chocolate bread -super easy!
Mongolian Chicken – Favorite recipe!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil – Super quick!
butter shortbread cookies
- 4 oz butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp anilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the butter, salt, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl, and beat with an electric mixer until combined, light, and fluffy.to mix until creamy.
- Add flour and mix until crumbly then add in milk and keep mixing.
- Place the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a very large star tip, and pipe onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack before serving.