buttery dinner rolls recipes
This classic 1-Hour Soft and Buttery Dinner Rolls recipe is easy to make, full of great buttery flavor, and just as warm and comforting as always.
Fluffy, delicious,Buttery Dinner Rolls. I often prepare for my family.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
buttery dinner rolls
- 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon active-dry yeast*
- 2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- extra melted butter for brushing on top
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment,combine the yeast and warm water. Stir it around and let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture is foamy. If the yeast doesn’t dissolve or foam, your yeast is dead.
- Using the dough-hook, mix on medium-low speed until the dry ingredients are combined. If the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl, add in 1/4 cup more flour at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. (Only use up to 3 cups of flour total.) Continue mixing on low speed for 4-5 minutes. Then form the dough into a ball with your hands and transfer it to a greased bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm environment , and for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Gently punch the dough down and divide into 12 equal-sized pieces. Form each piece into a ball and place the dough balls in a greased baking dish. Cover the dish again with a damp towel or paper towel, and let the dough balls rise for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Prep your oven and baking dish. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the rolls are lightly golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and brush the tops of the rolls with butter.