This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is simple and flavorful. You get the lightly charred flavor from grilled chicken, all seasoned with an incredibly flavorful and perfectly spicy cajun seasoning. Serve it with Homemade Breadsticks, Rolls, a Salad, or aside.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Pasta
Season chicken with Cajun seasoning and grill until cooked through.
Boil pasta and reserve some of the cooking liquid before draining.
Heat butter in a saucepan, then add garlic and flour and whisk.
pour in the milk and Cajun seasoning, to taste. then turn the heat down.
Add cheese and cream and stir until smooth.
In a skillet, sauté bell peppers and onion in olive oil.
Toss together pasta, Cajun Alfredo sauce, cubed chicken, and veggies. Garnish with parsley.
MORE Cajun Chicken Pasta RECIPES READERS LOVE!
crispy chickpeas recipe – fresh & flavorful!
egg drop soup recipe – super easy
ground chicken recipes – Reader favorite!
curry mussels recipe – comfort food
chicken and sweetcorn soup – is delicious!
spanish seafood paella – so delicious!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- large pan
- large pan
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz dry linguine or fettuccine pasta
- 5 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced into thin strips then strips halved
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper sliced into thin strips then strips halved
- 1/2 large onion sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Brush chicken with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and sprinkle with 2 tsp of the cajun seasoning. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 - 10 minutes, rotating once halfway through grilling until chicken registers 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer in the center of chicken. Transfer to a plate, then cut into strips.
- Boil pasta in salted water according to directions listed on the package. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water before draining.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat until melted.
- Stir in garlic and flour and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. pour in the milk and whisk vigorously to smooth lumps. Stir in 1 - 3 tsp cajun seasoning. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to low, stir in parmesan and cream and cook until cheese has melted.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. add red and yellow peppers and red onion and saute 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp cajun seasoning and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Return cooked chicken and add cooked pasta, stir well and serve. Serve warm sprinkled with parsley and additional cajun seasoning to taste.