Perfectly cooked chicken and crisp cashews coated in a thin silky.
When you bite into the sweet and savory flavor of cashew chicken, you’re probably imagining some rich, Chinese heritage for this food.
MORE CASHEW CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
asian chicken salad – Classic perfection
mushroom fried rice – Easy and delicious!
creamy bacon pasta – perfect light lunch!
twice cooked pork belly – tender & succulent meat!
shrimp and scallop pasta – super easy
Scalloped Corn Casserole – love casseroles!
garlic butter pasta – Reader favorite!
- 1 lbs chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tsp corn starch
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp scallions minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cut the chicken into cubes and marinate with corn starch and rice wine (if using). Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce together. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoon of the oil into the wok or skillet and add the ginger. Stir-fry until you smell the peppery aroma from the peppers, then add the chicken back in. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, in small bowl, pour over chicken.Stir in the Sauce and toss and stir fry continuously until the chicken is cooked and the sauce thickens. (if desired,can add water).Add salt to taste.
- Add the cashew nuts and do a few quick stirs. add scallions.