This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good!
How to Make the Best Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup！
celery and onion in melted butter. Saute garlic.
Stir in chicken broth, potatoes and Season with salt and pepper, to taste.Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover with a lid and cook.
Stir in broccoli and cook until the vegetables are tender.
In a separate saucepan, cook butter and flour. Whisk in milk, heat and whisk until thickened.
Blend in the heavy cream, then remove from the heat.
Stir the milk mixture into the soup.
Add cheese off heat, mix until melted.
MORE CHEDDAR BROCCOLI POTATO SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Ham and Potato Soup – light, refreshing & easy!
potato salad with bacon – super easy
simple chicken soup recipe – fresh & flavorful!
chicken and broccoli Spiral pasta – comfort food
crispy leaf roasted potatoes – so easy & flavorful
Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup
- 3 Tbsp butter divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 peeled and cubed russet potatoes cut 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick
- 1 heads chopped broccoli florets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt 1 1/2 Tbsp of the butter. Add celery and onion and saute 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium, cover with lid and cook 15 minutes. Stir in broccoli and cook 5 minutes longer or until veggies are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, whisking constantly 1 minute. While whisking vigorously, slowly pour in milk .
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture begins to gently boil and thicken, stir in heavy cream. Remove from heat and once all veggies are tender pour into the soup and stir. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar until melted. Chopped parsley for garnish
- Serve warm.