Penne pasta, savory ham and a rich and creamy garlic – cheese sauce is a hearty and delicious meal perfect for leftover ham!
This casserole is one of those dishes that is gone in a flash when dinner time rolls around. It is the kind of dish that you make again and again.
Cheese Penne and ham recipes
Cook pasta about half way and drain. Make the sauce with butter, garlic, onion, rosemary, flour and milk. Add cheese and sour cream. Combine pasta, ham and sauce into a baking dish. Refrigerate or bake immediately.
MORE CHEESE PENNE AND HAM RECIPES READERS LOVE!?
Cheese Penne and ham
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- Preheat oven to 375° Grease baking pan. Set aside.
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat then add both cheeses, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add cooked penne to sauce mixture. Stir in ham.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.