Cheesy Potato Soup
Easy Cheesy Potato Soup Recipes
Easy Cheesy Loaded Potato Soup has all your favorite potato toppings in a warm, satisfying bowl. Cheese, scallions and of course hearty potatoes in a creamy savory sauce. A real cold weather favorite!
How to make potato Soup chowder:
After dicing up all the vegetables, add carrots, onions, peppers, and into a pot, and cook about 5-7 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over the veggies and cook another 30 seconds.
Stir in the chicken broth and the potatoes.
Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer (uncovered) for 15 minutes.
Reduce heat further, and add in the salt, pepper and milk. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Then stir in the shredded cheese.
What is “Loaded” Potato Soup?
When we say this soup is loaded, we mean it’s stuffed with all those delicious fixings you normally pile on top of a baked potato: cheese, vibrant green onions, sour cream, more cheese. You know, the works! This potato soup is wonderfully versatile that way. You can add as much or as little of these toppings as you like.
Easy Cheesy Potato Soup recipes
Can Potato Soup Be Reheated?
In small servings, this soup tastes delicious when you reheat it. But we suggest you warm it up on the stove rather than the microwave. The microwave doesn’t heat it evenly, and causes the potatoes to taste grainy. We would also recommend you use up leftovers within three days.
Can You Freeze Easy Cheesy Potato Soup?
Because of the cream in the soup base, this soup doesn’t freeze very well. This is one soup that is absolutely best when served fresh, or reheated within a couple of days. Plus, it’s so delicious that rarely do we have leftovers.
You will need only a few simple ingredients such as chicken broth, cheese, potatoes, and seasoning to make it. This meal takes only about 30 minutes to make from start to finish, and is guaranteed to win you over!
MORE CHEESY POTATO SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
broccoli potato soup – the classically delicious version
sesame noodles – Easy and delicious!
Twice Baked Potatoes – Reader favorite recipe
egg fried rice recipes – Favorite recipe!
Crispy Potatoes roast – delicious classic side dish!
ham fried rice – Easy and delicious!
Cheesy Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced sweet bell peppers
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 potatoes peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- shredded cheese for garnish optional
- green onion for garnish optional
- In a large pot, heat oil and butter over MEDIUM heat.
- Add carrots, onion, bell peppers, and cook the vegetables, 5-7 minutes, or until tender and fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir. Cook another 30 seconds, while stirring.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes; stir well.
- Bring the soup to a boil, and reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat to LOW; add salt, ground pepper and milk. Stirring often, cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until the cheese melts.