This quick weeknight Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry is perfect for spring, made with lean chicken breast, asparagus, fresh lemon, garlic, and ginger.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ASPARAGUS STIR FRY !
This stir fry starts with chicken breasts, which are cut into 1-inch pieces and sauteed to a golden brown. Asparagus stalks are added to the pan, along with some garlic and ginger, then cooked until tender. The final step is a chicken broth and soy sauce-based sauce, which is poured over the chicken and vegetables, then simmered until thickened.
The kids love this Easy Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry recipe. It’s easy to put together and has the right amount of veggies.
MORE CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chinese chicken wings – super easy
chicken pad thai – comfort food
cashew chicken recipes – Reader favorite!
braised pork trotter – fresh & flavorful!
asian chicken salad – party favorite
beef and broccoli – beef is delicious!
ground chicken recipes – perfectly juicy & seasoned
chicken and asparagus stir fry
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed, cut into 2-3-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 scallions chopped
- Lightly season the chicken with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce.
- In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch, Honey, and water and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well, remove from heat and serve.
- Top with scallions and serve immediately.
1 thought on “chicken and asparagus stir fry”