chicken and broccoli Spiral pasta Recipe – chicken breast, broccoli, garlic in a simple homemade cream sauce. Everybody (both kids and adults) love this delicious and creamy pasta dish!
chicken and broccoli Spiral pasta – So easy, so creamy and just so simple to whip up in 30 minutes from start to finish – perfect for those busy weeknights!
you can add Parmesan cheddar, Mozzarella cheddar, – Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, I find is ideal for rich sauces.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
chicken and broccoli Spiral pasta
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk or more,
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Within the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and garlic powder until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, broccoli and chicken. Gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.