This chicken and asparagus are chicken breast pieces and fresh asparagus with Bacon, cooked to perfection and coated in a sauce.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
This starts with boneless skinless chicken breasts, Cook to a golden brown. Asparagus stalks are added to the pan, along with garlic, then cooked until tender. Plate chicken and asparagus, drizzle over the cheese sauce, and sprinkle with bacon and pepper. Serve warm.
MORE CHICKEN BACON ASPARAGUS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Cajun Chicken Pasta – Super quick!
green bean salad recipe – Easy and delicious!
instant pot black beans super easy!
asparagus risotto recipe – Favorite recipe!
bacon wrapped asparagus – the classically delicious version
chicken bacon asparagus
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb thin asparagus woody ends trimmed, halved
- 5 slices bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp freshly finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook chicken in skillet about 5 minutes per side, or until center registers 165 degrees. Remove chicken from skillet cover with foil to keep warm.
- While chicken is cooking, in medium non-stick skillet cook bacon over medium-high heat, tossing occasionally until cooked through, about 6 - 8 minutes, drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet that was used to cook chicken over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, season lightly with salt and cook, tossing occasionally until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- While asparagus is cooking, in a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add in flour and cook and stir constantly 1 minute.
- Pour in milk, season with salt, and bring mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan, whisking well until melted.
- Plate chicken and asparagus, drizzle over the cheese sauce, and sprinkle with bacon and pepper. Serve warm.