This healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole recipe is made with rice, tender chicken and broccoli, and the most delicious creamy cheddar .
I love great inspired dishes, like chicken noodles recipes, Bacon Wrapped Smokies, and the very popular chicken and potato casserole.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
Add the raw chicken, cheddar, cream of chicken soup，broccoli florets , and uncooked rice.
Pouring rice on top of broccoli in a casserole dish to make chicken broccoli rice casserole
Season it all with salt and pepper, give it a stir, and cover the dish tightly with foil.
The rice cooks slowly in the pan, absorbing the liquid, releasing its starches, and creating this great creamy consistency. With an optional sprinkle of cheese on top!
This Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole is the perfect dinner for when you want some delicious comfort food. It is loaded with tender chicken, creamy cheddar cheese and wholesome broccoli. With only a few ingredients and one dish, this dinner is super easy to make and cleans up quickly.
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
bacon wrapped scallops – Reader favorite!
garlic mushrooms – quick and SO easy
sweet and sour shrimp – so easy & flavorful
garlic butter shrimp – super easy
Sauteed Shrimp – fresh & flavorful!
Mongolian Chicken – easy and juicy as can be
ham fried rice – perfect light lunch!
chicken broccoli casserole
- 1 10.5 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken breast or tenders diced
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese separated
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets uncooked
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add cream of chicken soup and water to the prepared dish. Whisk together until completely combined.
- Stir in uncooked rice, uncooked chicken, and frozen broccolithe， cheddar, sour cream Season with salt and pepper. Stir again.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour, or until the liquid is absorbed, the rice is tender, and the chicken is cooked through.
6 thoughts on “chicken broccoli casserole”
Extremely dry and tasteless.I even reduced the rice to 1 cup instead of 2 as I thought the recipe didn’t have enough liquid and I wanted it creamy.Leftover went in the garbage.
Hello Betty Cox! If you soak the rice for 30 minutes, you will have more water and liquid. Can reduce rice or increase cream
This recipe is missing steps. For example, where does the sour cream go? Another – it says cheddar cheese separated, but how, and where does the first half of the cheese get used?
Thanks Kevin k
Reposted. Add sour cream and cheddar cheese.
Thanks for the tip