HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY?
This recipe starts with broccoli and chicken, which are sauteed to tender perfection along with some garlic and ginger. After the veggies are cooked through, the chicken goes into the pan to brown. The final step is an easy sauce which gets poured over the chicken and vegetables to simmer. Add some steamed rice on the side and dinner is served!
In this chicken and broccoli stir-fry, get bite-sized chicken pieces pan-seared until they’re golden brown. Then broccoli is cooked until tender and then you toss the chicken and broccoli with a teriyaki-style sauce.
Best chicken broccoli recipes
you can adjust to what ingredients you have on hand. You can use cauliflower instead of broccoli. And if you are vegetarian, you can substitute the chicken into tofu.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings – Classic perfection
teriyaki chicken stir fry – quick and creamy
ground chicken recipes – Favorite recipe!
garlic parmesan chicken – set it and forget it!
Chicken Piccata – easy favorite!
chicken broccoli stir fry
- frying pan
- frying pan
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onions sliced
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Chopped green onions
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and onions and cook for about 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, sugar and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken. garnished with chopped green onions.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired.