chicken fried rice recipes
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe is a perfect weeknight dinner idea! Simple to make and trust me, homemade fried rice tastes SO much better.
Want to know my secret for best-ever homemade fried rice? You can probably guess it. BUTTER. Yep, butter. You’ve got to try it. Making fried rice is really simple and I love how I can adjust the recipe to suit our family’s tastes. We love more eggs and less soy sauce. It’s incredibly versatile- taste it and adjust as you’d like.
Now, I make fried rice at home often, and this version with chicken is one of my favorites. I add onions, peas to my rice, but you can throw in whatever vegetables you have. Diced bell peppers, zucchini or sliced cabbage work well, too.
Best chicken fried rice recipes
Usually, it is stir-fried along with the meat and vegetables and cooked in a wok on a high heat. Learn how to make this delicious fried rice by following this easy recipe guide.
MORE CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken fried rice recipes
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups chicken cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped for garnish
- Salt to taste
- to prior cook white rice, Steam the peas and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, ginger and crushed .Set aside.
- Cook the chicken: Add tablespoon of oil in the wok or pan. Add the chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- Using your spatula, scrape off any chicken bits that are still stuck to the wok so they don't burn during the next step. You can also use paper towels to wipe down your wok or pan.
- Cook the vegetables: Swirl 1 tablespoon of oil into the wok over medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and cook them for 1 minute, until they start to soften. Mix in the minced garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the corn kernels and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the peas, and stir to incorporate.
- Cook the rice: Add the rice to the wok or pan on top of the vegetables and stir to combine. Using the back of your spatula, smash any large chunks of rice to break them apart. Add the white and green parts of the sliced scallions. Stir to incorporate. If the rice starts to stick to the pan, stir in a little more oil.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice and stir to incorporate. Stir in the cooked chicken, and the dark parts of the scallions. Stir briefly to bring it together, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Taste, and add more soy sauce if necessary.
- serve immediately.