This recipe makes an especially clean tasting soup with a rich, so warm, so cozy.
Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
Chicken , along with carrots, celery, onions, noodles, and parsley slow-cooked to savory goodness.
CHICKEN: I use a Chicken thighs to make a flavorful stock and have tender meat for the soup. You can use bone-in chicken breast as well .
VEGETABLES: Onion adds flavor while carrots and celery are traditional additions. Any kind of vegetables can be added.
NOODLES: Egg noodles are my favorite choice for chicken noodle soup but any pasta will work.
Homemade Chicken Broth
First of all, it is super easy. While boiled chicken doesn’t sound all that special but I can assure you it is one of life’s simple pleasures.
This recipe for chicken noodle soup is cozy, comforting and delicious.
MORE CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe – the classically delicious version
tofu with vegetables – fresh, easy & delicious
Macaroni Salad egg – Quick family favorite.
Hunan Chicken – Easy favorite!
pork stir fry – Easy to make!
Chicken Noodle Soup recipes
- 2 boneless chicken thighs untrimmed
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil to saute vegetables
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium celery sticks finely chopped
- 2 carrots sliced into rings
- 1/2 lb rotini pasta
- 1 Tbsp sea salt or to taste
- 2 garlic clove pressed
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- In a large soup pot, combine 4 cups water with 3 cups chicken broth and 1 Tbsp sea salt. Bring to a boil then add chicken thighs and boil partially covered 20 min while.
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and sauté onion, garlic, and celery until softened then transfer to the pot.
- Add 1/2 lb pasta and sliced carrots to the soup pot and continue cooking for 12 min at a low boil or until pasta is at desired softness.
- While pasta is cooking, remove chicken thighs from the pot and use either forks or your hands to shred the chicken, Return shredded chicken to the pot. Stir in the parsley and serve.
- add the more salt to taste if needed. Enjoy!