This easy Chicken Pad Thai recipe from scratch makes a simple 30 minute weeknight meal. It’s packed with spicy Thai flavors and lots of peanuts.
How do you make chicken Pad Thai?
The process is very simple and makes an easy 30 minute meal. First, boil the rice noodles and keep that aside. Prepare the Pad Thai sauce by mixing together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Keep this aside too. Then, cook the chicken, shallots, ginger and garlic in a non stick skillet or wok. Add the vegetables and stir fry them. Move them to the side and scramble an egg in the remaining space. Add the boiled noodles, some lime juice and the sauce you made earlier. Mix everything together and cook until the sauce thickens. Garnish with lots of peanuts, cilantro and enjoy!
In this Pad Thai you’ll find tender pieces of chicken and lots of fresh vegetables and it’s all tossed with the most crave-worthy sauce, and of course, finished with an abundance of crunchy peanuts.
MORE CHICKEN PAD THAI RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Mongolian Beef – packed with flavor, texture & color!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp – Reader favorite recipe
chicken vegetable soup – light & flavorful
Chicken Stir Fry – the classically delicious version
chicken and Snow Peas – Easy and delicious!
pork stir fry -super easy!
chicken pad thai
- 10 ounces thin rice noodles or pasta
- 3 tablespoons oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs whisked
- 3 green onions sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl until completely combined. Set aside.
- cook your noodles al dente according to package instructions. Drain the noodles in a strainer, then rinse with cold water briefly to halt their cooking. Toss with one tablespoon oil briefly, to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 3-5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the chicken is lightly golden on the edges and cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a clean plate.
- Add the remaining one tablespoon oil to the sauté pan, along with the carrots, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Push the veggies to one side of the pan, and add the eggs on the other side. Cook the eggs until scrambled, stirring often.
- Then add everything back in — the cooked noodles, chicken, sauce and green onions. Give the mixture a good toss until everything is evenly coated in the sauce. Remove pan from the heat.
- Then serve the Pad Thai while it’s nice and hot, sprinkled with lots of crushed peanuts, extra crushed red pepper flakes, cilantro and a good squeeze of fresh lime juice.