Chicken Piccata is such a popular American chicken dinner!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PICCATA
Begin by prepping the chicken breasts. First slice each chicken breast in half horizontally.
Place the chicken breasts in a large sealable plastic bag and, using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound them to an even 1/4-inch thickness. This ensures that they cook quickly and evenly.
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for until the first side is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
Flip the chicken and cook until the second side is golden, about 3 minutes more.
Discard any excess oil from the pan. Add the stock, lemon juice, and bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits from the pan. Gently boil for about two minutes, until slightly reduced.
Pour in the stock, lemon juice and allow to boil until reduced slightly . Add remaining butter to the pan, allow to melt, then add chicken back into the pan along with all of the juices from the plate and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through.
MORE CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPES READERS LOVE!
tofu lettuce wraps – Reader favorite!
garlic butter shrimp – Simply classic.
sausage and peppers recipe – set it and forget it!
braised pork belly – My personal favorite!!
Chicken Corn Soup – Comforting and delicious!
Corn Fritters – so easy!
Sauteed Shrimp – Favorite recipe!
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
- In a large pan or skillet heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. When hot, fry 2 pieces of chicken first until golden on each side and cooked through (about 3-4 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer to a warm plate.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and another tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, fry the remaining chicken until browned on both sides. Transfer to plate.
- In the same pan, melt one more tablespoon of butter. Fry the garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan for extra flavour. Cook until wine almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock, lemon juice and allow to boil until reduced slightly .
- Add remaining butter to the pan, allow to melt, then add chicken back into the pan along with all of the juices from the plate and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Garnish with parsley .