easy chicken stir fry recipe
This chicken stir fry recipe will become a staple in your home. It’s so quick to make and you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. It tastes wonderful regardless of how you alter the ingredients.
This chicken and vegetable stir fry will become your easy go-to dinner. You will wow your guests and family alike, even the picky eaters with approve!
How Do You Make Chicken Stir Fry?
Cut the chicken thighs (or breast) into bite-sized pieces and cook.
Cook vegetables until desired tenderness.
Prepare easy sweet and savory stir fry sauce.
Combine the chicken with the vegetables and sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens and ingredients are well incorporated.
TIP: When cutting chicken, slice into small bite-sized pieces. This will ensure the chicken is full of flavor, tender and not hard to chew.
Best Chicken for Stir Fry?
Chicken thighs tend to be more forgiving in stir fry, but you can substitute with chicken breast if you don’t have thighs on hand.
This chicken stir fry is about as easy as it gets. It starts with some cubed chicken breast, although chicken thighs also work well. I like to start with the chicken when I’m making a stir fry because as they brown, they create a layer of flavor in the skillet. When the veggies get added, the pick up some of that flavor and then develop their own. It’s these layers that give so much depth to this easy recipe. And then it’s time for the sauce…
What do you eat with chicken ?
The great thing about chicken stir fry, is that it’s pretty all inclusive — you’ve got protein, vegetables, and a sauce all in one dish. I recommend serving the chicken stir fry over rice .
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken fried rice recipes – The perfect recipe
chicken and Snow Peas – so easy!
shrimp boil – Reader favorite!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil – Favorite recipe!
chicken lo mein noodles – Comforting and delicious!
vegetable noodles – super quick to make!
chicken stir fry
- 1 lb chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp oil divided
- 1 cup broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 red pepper can sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 onion can sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- Best Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim chicken thighs of excess fat and cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut the vegetables into even-sized pieces
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- In a large pan (or wok), on med/high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add chicken in a single layer. Cook chicken until browned, mixing as needed. Once cooked, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to skillet with the broccoli, bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, snow peas and carrots. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender, mixing frequently.
- Add chicken back to the pan. Add the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- then pour the sauce into the pan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and let stir fry simmer until the sauce thickens and is well incorporated with the remaining ingredients. Garnish with green onion before serving if desired.