Healthy Vegetable Chicken Soup recipe is full of veggies and great to detox when you need to eat healthy!
I love great dishes, like baked eggplant recipes, shrimp boil, Chicken Stir Fry and the very popular Easy Roasted mushrooms.
This hearty chicken vegetable soup is perfect for chilly days! Packed with vegetables and easy to make on the stove or your Instant Pot.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP?
Start by cooking your base vegetables – onions, celery, carrots, – in a little olive oil. Once these have softened you can start building your soup!
you can also use leftover roast chicken, shredded rotisserie chicken or even a whole chicken . I prefer to use mini chicken breasts as they cook really quickly.
After the chicken and vegetables have simmered for about 20 minutes you can add any vegetables that quick quickly such as corn or snow peas.
MORE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
vegetable noodles – fresh
vegetable pasta recipes – Favorite recipe!
homemade milk vegetable soup – Comforting and delicious!
glazed carrots recipe – so easy!
garlic roasted potatoes – party favorite
garlic shrimp pasta – super easy
chicken vegetable soup
- soup pot
- soup pot
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cups snow peas
- 1/2 cups corn
- 1/2 cups lettuce
- 11/2 cup julienned carrots or diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken rotisserie chicken works well here
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic, corn ，onion, snow peas,green bell pepper, celery, and carrots.
- Saute until onions are translucent and the veggies have been tossed through with hot oil. Add stock and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the soy sauce.
- Bring soup to a simmer and allow to simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add the lettuce and cover pot. Cook about five minutes or until tender. Stir in the chicken and simmer until chicken is heated through. You can add more broth if you want it thinner. Serve!
14 thoughts on “chicken vegetable soup”