chicken with broccoli stir fry recipes
This recipe for chicken and broccoli stir fry is a classic dish of chicken sauteed with fresh broccoli florets and coated in a savory sauce.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY ?
This recipe starts with broccoli, which are sauteed to tender perfection along with some garlic and ginger. After the veggies are cooked through, the chicken goes into the pan to brown. The final step is an easy sauce which gets poured over the chicken and vegetables to simmer.
MORE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken pad thai – Reader favorite!
tofu lettuce wraps – super easy
sweet and sour shrimp – fresh & flavorful!
mushroom fried rice – perfectly juicy & seasoned
twice cooked pork belly – tender & succulent meat!
chicken noodles recipes – perfect light lunch!
chicken with broccoli stir fry
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg large
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle chicken cubes with 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Combine egg in a medium-sized shallow bowl. Combine remaining cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a separate shallow bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add chicken cubes in batches to the egg and then dip in cornstarch bowl. Repeat with all chicken cubes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and coated chicken cubes to the large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is almost cooked through. Add broccoli back into the skillet until heated through.
- In a bowl whisk together sugar and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken. Serve immediately, with rice if desired.