This cinnamon raisin bread is one of the simplest breads you can make at home from scratch, and it’s loaded with wonderful cinnamon flavor and juicy raisins!
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD:
Start by stirring together milk, butter, yeast, and a little honey, and let it sit for 10 minutes until foamy:
Add flour, eggs, salt to the liquid and knead it in the bowl of a stand mixer for 10 minutes:
Let this soft, sticky dough double in size, which should take an hour or two !
It should look all stretchy and strand-like, like this:
Remove the dough and stretch it out into a rectangle on a lightly floured board:
Spread the Raisins all over the rectangle, and roll the rectangle up:
Pinch the seam shut at the end, and place the bread roll in a loaf pan:
Cover it with plastic wrap and let the roll rise for about an hour:
Into the oven it goes until it comes out golden brown:
MORE RAISIN BREAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Raisin Bread – grilled to tender perfection!
baguette bread – comfort food
easy donut recipes – so delicious!
cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Instant Rise Yeast
- 5 Tablespoons Melted Unsalted Butter
- 3 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Eggs
- Combine milk, brown sugar, and yeast in a bowl or measuring cup. Let sit for 10 minutes, until foamy. This indicates that the yeast is alive and well.
- Pour the yeast liquid into the bowl of a stand mixer, and add oil and eggs. Whisk to combine the wet ingredients, then add flour and salt. Use the dough hook or a spatula to roughly combine the wet and dry ingredients into a shaggy dough.
- Remove the dough hook, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Flour your countertop as lightly as possible, then spread and stretch the dough into a rectangle that is the length of your loaf pan, about 9 inches by 18 inches.
- Spread this Ground Cinnamon and Raisins all over the top of the dough rectangle, then roll the dough up as tightly as you can, rolling the long way. Place the roll seam-side down into a greased loaf pan, then cover with plastic wrap to let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF, then bake bread for 40–50 minutes until the inside reads 190ºF to 200ºF with a thermometer. Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. Enjoy!