These coconut shrimp recipe, deep-fried to golden brown perfection. super crispy on the outside, A restaurant-style appetizer or main course that’s super easy to make at home.
How to Make Coconut Shrimp:
Making these is easier than you think. we love coconut shrimp!
Set up 3 shallow bowls. In the first, stir together flour, pepper, and salt. In the second, thoroughly beat together 2 eggs with a fork. In the third, combine coconut flakes and bread crumbs.
Dredge shrimp in flour, dip in beaten eggs then roll in coconut mixture, pressing it onto the shrimp to adhere well.
shrimp are all breaded, go into a pot of air fry right.
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp !
Generously spray both sides of the breaded shrimp with cooking spray then cook air fryer shrimp at 400˚F for 8 minutes total, flipping the shrimp halfway through.
OVEN Coconut Shrimp !
To bake in an oven, generously spray both sides of the shrimp with cooking spray and bake at 400˚F for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping shrimp halfway through.
These easy coconut shrimp are crisp, golden, and delicious served a sweet and sweet chili sauce.
MORE COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Shrimp with Snow Peas – Easy and delicious!
pineapple chicken – the classically delicious version
mushroom fried rice – easy favorite!
mapo tofu recipes – packed with flavor, texture & color!
ground chicken recipes – quick and creamy
coconut shrimp recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp devein and peel but leave tails on
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded coconut the sweetened variety
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- cilantro for garnish
- Place the flour in a medium-size bowl along with the salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the eggs in a second bowl. In a third bowl, add the coconut and breadcrumbs and mix until combined.
- Dip each shrimp first into the flour, then into the egg, then roll in the coconut mixture to coat evenly. Place each breaded shrimp on a sheet pan. Repeat the process.
- Use canola oil, vegetable oil or coconut oil, and add enough oil in your pot or skillet so that it is about 2-3 inches deep.
- Get the oil nice and hot before frying. Then, add them in batches of 4 or 5 to prevent the oil from cooling down too much, boiling the shrimp instead of frying them. about cook for 3-4 minutes.
- then Drain your coconut shrimp on a paper towel-lined plates.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce and garnish with cilantro leaves if desired.