super tasty Corn Salad made with fresh or canned corn, avocado and juicy tomatoes, finished with a fresh lime dressing.
This is a very typical salad I make with corn. Especially when corn is in season – I absolutely love making this with freshly cooked ears of corn.
How to cook corn on the cob
The cool thing about corn on the cob is you can’t really mess it up anyway you prepare it. You can grill it, boil it, microwave it and even bake it. And any of those methods work perfectly fine in this Corn Tomato Avocado Salad.
Grill it: Soak the corn with their husks still on in water for about 20 minutes. Then grill on medium high heat for 20 minutes, rotating every few minutes.
Boil it: Remove the husks from the corn, place in a large pot of boiling water and then boil for 15 minutes. The color of the corn will become a deeper yellow when it’s cooked.
Microwave it: Cut off the end of the corn that’s connected to the stalk. Place in the microwave with the husk still on it and microwave for 3-4 minutes.
Bake It: Place the corn with husks still on in the middle rack of your oven. Bake at 350?F for 30 minutes. This is similar to grilling the corn, but eliminates the soaking step.
corn avocado salad recipes
Is avocado good for you?
YES – in moderation. Avocado are packed full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and healthy fats! One of the few natural produce that contains a substantial amount of monounsaturated fatty acids which are good fats known to lower cholesterol and promote heart health.
MORE CORN AVOCADO SALAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Corn Avocado Salad
- 1 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons suga
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook corn on the cob for 3-5 minutes. Drain corn, run under cold water to stop cooking further. Once cool to touch, cut corn off the cob. Cool.
- Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion. In a large glass bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients in a glass bowl. drizzle over lime juice, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. toss gently to mix.