Corn Fritters are easy to make, bursting with sweet summery corn flavor, cheesy goodness.
These corn fritters are best eaten the day of but can be kept in the refrigerator for one day!
How to Make Corn Fritters !
are basically prepared by adding corn—either fresh, canned, or frozen and thawed—into a light batter made with a combination of dry ingredients such as flour and baking powder, some sweetener such as, a touch of salt, and a couple of wet ingredients such as milk and eggs.
For my batter, I like to use flour along with a hint of cornmeal to help reinforce that corn flavor, along with buttermilk as a rich “moisturizer”.
Fresh corn kernels cut from the cob truly are the best for this corn fritter recipe, especially when abundant in the markets.
These easy to make fritters are loaded up with fresh corn, flavor, and most importantly cheese! Fried in a small amount of olive oil, these fritters are the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of summer!
MORE FRITTERS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
minestrone soup – The perfect recipe
Bacon Wrapped Smokies – Favorite recipe!
fried cabbage and sausage – so easy.
Pumpkin Muffins – light, fluffy and delicious!
fresh corn salad – so easy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs lightly beate
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups corn
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, green onion and parsley.
- Add the corn and mix well ,Pour in the beaten eggs, milk, and cheese. Stir to combine. Will be a thick batter.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, we just need to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place a scoop of the corn fritter batter, about a 1/4 cup amount into the hot oil. Press the batter down to compact it, and press the sides in to help create a patty shape using a rubber spatula. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, or until it's browned, flip, and cook another 5 minutes, or until it's browned. Remove and repeat for all the other corn fritters.
- Serve immediately.
If using frozen corn, the corn should be thawed and patted dry wi !
2 thoughts on “Corn Fritters”