These Cream pinwheels are very popular, especially for holiday entertaining. Serve with salsa, ranch dressing, sour cream, guacamole, or use your favorite dip ideas.
Cream pinwheels Cake
Fill only with cream, if you want, can add strawberries or chocolate, which will taste better and look beautiful.
cream pinwheels Cake
- 4 large egg yolks room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line bottom of a a greased 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment; grease parchment.
- Beat egg yolks and eggs on high speed 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in water, oil and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until top springs back when lightly touched, 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll cake; spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel; trim ends. Place on a platter, seam side down. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.