HOW DO YOU MAKE SHRIMP SALAD?
In a pot, boil some salted water and cook the shrimp in for a couple of minutes until it turns pink. Then, stop it from overcooking from the heat by putting the shrimp immediately in a bowl of iced water.
Then, remove it from the water and pat each piece dry.
Place the combination of shrimp, cucumbers, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. All the ingredients are tossed together, then you’re ready to eat!
This delicious shrimp salad is so easy to make, and it’s so very flavorful. I love making it in the summer. It’s one of my go-to options for a simple yet satisfying meal.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken and sausage pasta – the classically delicious version
asparagus pasta recipe – fresh, easy & delicious
shrimp shish kabob – Perfect grilled or fried.
Shrimp and Clam Pasta – packed with flavor
eggplant tomato pasta sauce – Easy to make!
creamy shrimp salad
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon quartered
- 2 medium cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery finely diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the shrimp to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink and opaque. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the shrimp then pat dry.
- Place the shrimp, celery, lemon juice, cucumbers, salt, pepper, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a bowl. Toss gently to coat.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and serve, Serve immediately. or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.