crispy baked tofu nuggets recipes . these panko breaded tofu nuggets are the perfect finger food for your next party! They’re crispy, oven-baked, and a little bit spicy.
Marinate in vegetable broth and soy sauce for 10 minutes , Coat with flour, Dunk in eggs or eggs Coat in seasoned panko crumbs.
Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F, turning halfway through; remove tofu nuggets from the oven when they’re golden brown and crispy.
You can cut the nuggets into a variety of squares or strips. I like to make thick nuggets that are dunkable and sturdy. Alternately, you can slice into tofu “fingers” or into smaller cubes. The cook time will be about the same, unless you make them very thin nuggets.
crispy baked tofu nuggets recipes
MORE CRISPY BAKED TOFU RECIPES READERS LOVE!?
crispy baked tofu nuggets
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 block (14 ounces) extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the tofu into squares, to make the marinade, stir together the soy sauce , garlic powder, onion powder in a shallow pan. Marinate the tofu in the vegetable broth mixture for at least 10 minutes.
- Prepare 3 bowls: one with the flour, one with panko bread crumbs , and one with the eggs. Coat the tofu in the flour, then the eggs, then the panko.
- Bake at 400 degrees F on the parchment lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Carefully flip the tofu bites over, then bake for another 15 minutes. They're ready when golden brown and crispy.