Crispy Potatoes roast. Vertical slices and an extra-long roast in the oven makes these potatoes both beautiful and delicious. So many crispy edges! Perfect holiday side dish.
Slice the potatoes thinly, accordion style, but stop short of cutting all the way through so the slices remain attached at the bottom. To help guide your slices, place a chopsticks on either side of the potato while you cut — this will help to keep you from accidentally slicing through.
Drizzle the potatoes with plenty of butter and olive oil, and sprinkled with salt. Give them an extra-long roast in the oven so that the insides have time to become creamy and the outsides turn golden and crisp.
this recipe calls for a bacon too, a crispy, salty bacon. So, are you ready to slice some potatoes and top with some sweet, sweet bacon bits .
best Crispy Potatoes roast recipes
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
Crispy Potatoes roast
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 3 ounces bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Slice the potatoes: Set a potato on a cutting board and place a chopstick on either side of the potato. With a sharp, thin knife, make deep vertical cuts 1/8-inch apart, but without cutting all the way through the potato. The chopsticks should keep you from accidentally cutting too deeply or going all the way through.
- Place the potatoes with the cut side up in the baking dish, spaced a little apart so each one has some room. Fan the potatoes open slightly.
- Season the potatoes: In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, oil, and parsley. Drizzle this over the potatoes and then use a pastry brush to spread the butter and oil mixture evenly and in between the slices of each potato. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until golden and crispy. The potatoes will fan out more during cooking and take on their accordion-like appearance.
- While potatoes are baking, fry bacon over a medium high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Set aside. Remove potatoes from oven. Add bacon bits by scattering around throughout the potatoes.