A perfect side dish for a hot weather meal, this light and easy cucumber salad is an excellent accompaniment to seafood. Paper-thin slices of cucumber are tossed in a light vinegar mixture and allowed to marinate for a few hours to deepen their flavor. The result is a light, refreshing salad.
“Tasty marinated cucumbers. Ideal for a fresh side salad
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
- 1 cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Peel the cucumbers and slice wafer thin. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes, then squeeze cucumbers to release moisture.
- Drain liquids and toss cucumbers with onion slices.
- In a medium size bowl mix sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, and pepper. Add cucumbers to mixture. Mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour.