This easy kale salad recipe only takes make with easy ingredients, and tastes great with just about everything!
How to Massage Kale
After washing and drying your kale, remove the ribs/stem from each kale leaf. Tear or chop the kale into bite-sized pieces, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Next, pour a little olive oil in your hands and work your way through the kale, massaging the leaves until they darken in color and tenderize.
MORE EASY KALE SALAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Arrabbiata Beans – Reader favorite recipe
Panzanella recipe – the classically delicious version
Tropical-Fruit Juice Salad – The perfect summer recipe
spanish seafood paella – super easy!
Slow Cooker Jambalaya – Super quick!
chicken and sweetcorn soup – light & flavorful
Easy Kale Salad
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- ½ cup almonds sliced
- ½ cup cheese optional cheddar or feta work great here!
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- First, make your dressing by combining ingredients above in a lidded mason jar then shake well to emulsify. Dip a kale leaf in the dressing and adjust sweetener, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle evenly with the olive oil. Using your fingers, massage the oil into the kale for 1-2 minutes until the kale has softened.
- In a large bowl, combine massaged kale, broccoli, almonds, cheese, carrots, onion, cranberries. Shake your dressing once more and pour about 1/3 of the dressing over the salad. Serve immediately and enjoy!