easy shrimp pasta recipes
easy shrimp pasta recipes– I do love a good basic recipe. This Easy Shrimp recipe is just that.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON SHRIMP PASTA
Get a large pot of salted water boiling while you start the sauce. Melt the butter in a large skillet/frying pan then add the shrimp in batches until golden brown and opaque. I used frozen, deveined shrimp for this recipe and just removed the shells before cooking but you could use shelled prawns as well. Try to buy the very best shrimp you can afford because the difference is notable.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
easy shrimp pasta
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon fresh lemon juice from
- 2 tablespoons scallion chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
- In the meantime, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet/frying pan and cook the prawns in batches until golden brown and opaque. Season the prawns to taste.Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and garlic and cook for a few seconds, until the garlic is fragrant then pour in lemon juice and season to taste.
- Allow to simmer over gentle heat until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Add the shrimp back in and adjust seasoning.
- Add the pasta and a little of the cooking water and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Serve with lemon wedges and chopped scallion.