This vegetable soup is a hearty blend of colorful veggies and potatoes, all simmered together in a savory tomato broth. It’s healthy, tasty, so easy to make, and perfect for dinner!
HOW DO YOU MAKE VEGETABLE SOUP?
This recipe starts with carrots, onions and celery, which are sauteed in a little olive oil until tender.
Add in the garlic and potatoes and Cook.
Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let the soup simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
Stir in the green beans, corn, or until vegetables are cooked through.
Remove the bay leaves and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
The final step is to add a sprinkling of fresh parsley, then serve and enjoy.
Vegetable soup is hearty, nutritious, and requires simple and inexpensive ingredients. A healthy and flavorful dinner option that’s quick to make !
MORE EASY VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
cauliflower soup recipe – Classic perfection
Chicken Corn Soup – the classically delicious version
bacon wrapped scallops – easy favorite!
eggplant stir fry – Easy and delicious!
vegan pineapple fried rice – The perfect summer recipe
How To Make Hash Browns – Super quick!
easy vegetable soup recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes chopped about 2 cups
- 3 14.5 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add in the garlic and potatoes. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let the soup simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the green beans, corn, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaves and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Serve warm.
1 thought on “easy vegetable soup recipe”