egg roll in a bowl recipes
All of the delicious flavors of your favorite fried Chinese restaurant appetizer come together in a lighter, faster, one skillet meal! This “Egg Roll in a Bowl” is a quick and healthy dinner that’s ready in about 20 minutes!
This Asian-inspired supper has all of the flavors that you love without any of the deep fat frying. It’s just a big, beautiful skillet full of fresh vegetables and lean protein stir-fried in a savory sauce.
If you love the taste of egg rolls, but want to avoid the greasy, deep-fried wrappers, this quick weeknight stir fry is for you. It tastes like an egg roll, without all of the work!
How to Make This Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe !
A combination of shredded cabbage, carrots, and onions are all tossed with a touch of olive oil, tamari (a gluten-free soy sauce), and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper to taste like the filling of an egg roll. You can add any other extras that you love, but I kept this recipe vegan by adding in some “meaty” mushrooms, rather than using any meat.
Best egg roll in a bowl recipes
WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL I NEED FOR THIS EGG ROLL IN A BOWL?
a bag of coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage); onion; and a few other fresh veggies (sliced mushrooms would be a delicious addition!)
ground meat of choice (I used ground turkey here, but ground chicken, ground beef, or ground pork all work well)
a simple stir-fry sauce made with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, and olive oil .
A skillet with a ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken recipe and cabbage for a healthy stir fry.
The simple, fresh flavors in this Egg Roll in a Bowl create a tasty, family-friendly dinner in one skillet. Which means that you have a healthy dinner to serve your crew in less than 30 minutes…with only 1 pan to wash at the end. I’m telling you — this is weeknight dinner perfection!
MORE EGG ROLL IN A BOWL RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Chicken Marinade recipes – fresh, easy & delicious
Scottish Morning Rolls – Classic recipe!
chicken ramen noodles – Personal favorite!
egg fried rice recipes – Family favorite recipe!
easy potato recipes – Easy to make!
vermicelli Stir Fry – Easy to make!
egg roll in a bowl
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast can substitute with ground chicken, ground beef, or ground pork
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 carrots shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Drain; return meat to skillet.
- Add diced onion, olive oil, and rice vinegar. Cook, stirring, for a few more minutes (until onion is tender).
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, coleslaw mix, and carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for about 8-10 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste.