egg roll in a bowl recipes
All of the delicious flavors of your favorite fried Chinese restaurant appetizer come together in a lighter, faster, one skillet meal! This “Egg Roll in a Bowl” is a quick and healthy dinner that’s ready in about 20 minutes!
This Asian-inspired supper has all of the flavors that you love without any of the deep fat frying. It’s just a big, beautiful skillet full of fresh vegetables and lean protein stir-fried in a savory sauce.
If you love the taste of egg rolls, but want to avoid the greasy, deep-fried wrappers, this quick weeknight stir fry is for you. It tastes like an egg roll, without all of the work!
Just like our chicken noodles recipes, or this oven chicken wings recipes, you’re going to love this !
How to Make This Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe !
A combination of shredded cabbage, carrots, and onions are all tossed with a touch of olive oil, tamari (a gluten-free soy sauce), and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper to taste like the filling of an egg roll. You can add any other extras that you love, but I kept this recipe vegan by adding in some “meaty” mushrooms, rather than using any meat.
Best egg roll in a bowl recipes
WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL I NEED FOR THIS EGG ROLL IN A BOWL?
a bag of coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage); onion; and a few other fresh veggies (sliced mushrooms would be a delicious addition!)
ground meat of choice (I used ground turkey here, but ground chicken, ground beef, or ground pork all work well)
a simple stir-fry sauce made with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, and olive oil .
A skillet with a ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken recipe and cabbage for a healthy stir fry.
The simple, fresh flavors in this Egg Roll in a Bowl create a tasty, family-friendly dinner in one skillet. Which means that you have a healthy dinner to serve your crew in less than 30 minutes…with only 1 pan to wash at the end. I’m telling you — this is weeknight dinner perfection!
MORE EGG ROLL IN A BOWL RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Chicken Marinade recipes – fresh, easy & delicious
Scottish Morning Rolls – Classic recipe!
chicken ramen noodles – Personal favorite!
egg fried rice recipes – Family favorite recipe!
easy potato recipes – Easy to make!
vermicelli Stir Fry – Easy to make!
egg roll in a bowl
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast can substitute with ground chicken, ground beef, or ground pork
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 carrots shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Drain; return meat to skillet.
- Add diced onion, olive oil, and rice vinegar. Cook, stirring, for a few more minutes (until onion is tender).
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, coleslaw mix, and carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for about 8-10 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2 thoughts on “egg roll in a bowl”