but eggplant stir-fries are Asian favorites. Serve this hearty, saucy dish over steamed rice.and we discovered it’s a very quick-to-prepare dish for home cooking as well.
eggplant stir-fry Green Beans
- 1 long purple eggplant cut into strips
- 1 cups green beans ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 red chili
- 2 slices ginger
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Blanch green beans in cook water 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. and drain well.
- heat the oil over medium heat, , and shallow fry the eggplant using slightly higher heat. It’s done once the edges turn slightly browned, and the eggplant is tender. Remove the eggplant from the pan.
- Add one tablespoon of the leftover oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and red chili, and cook for a minute. Mix in the green beans and eggplant, and then the light soy sauce, salt, and white pepper. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, and serve.