Make the most of summer sweet corn with this delicious Fresh Corn Salad.
This Fresh Corn Salad is the perfect combination of fun flavors, and even though it’s simple, it’s anything but boring. it covers all the flavor bases. And the light balsamic vinaigrette is the ideal finish.
Do you like corn? We are huge corn lovers! There is nothing better than sweet fresh corn. This super easy corn salad comes together so quickly and tastes so incredibly fresh. If fresh corn is not available you can substitute good quality canned corn.
Tips for making Corn Salad
If at all possible use fresh corn. Either white, yellow or bi color corn. Simply boil the corn and cut it right off the cob.
Don’t overcook the corn. Corn cooks fairly fast and you want your kernels to have a little bit of sweet crisp corn taste.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
fresh corn salad
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Remove corn from cob. Saute in 2 Tbsp. olive oil for 3-5 minutes to remove starchiness. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add goat cheese, chopped lettuce, and red onion. Stir to combine. In a small container with a lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Shake well and drizzle over salad. Stir to combine.
6 thoughts on “fresh corn salad”