Easy and healthy cabbage recipe
The idea here is to take finely shredded cabbage and saute it to the point of caramelization, sort of like what you do to an onion.
While you can add in spices and flavoring vegetables, such as onion and garlic, I think the simple sauteing of cabbage in fat is most satisfying. All I need is a good dash of sea salt!
Sauteed cabbage is so flavorful. Cooking the cabbage this way results in crispy, tender caramelized cabbage just right for any meal.
Healthy fried cabbage recipes
This dish just looks like it’s going to be tasty. Serve with a little salt and pepper or add some red pepper flakes, if you like. But like it you will.
MORE FRIED CABBAGE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 medium head green cabbage sliced into 3/4" thick slices
- 2 Tablespoons butter cut into 2 pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper
- Heat a 12" skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until onion is softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir, cooking an additional 30 seconds.
- Turn heat up to medium-high heat and add about 1/3 of the cabbage. Stir to mix onions and garlic with the cabbage. Now leave it alone and let the cabbage start to brown, but be careful not to let it burn. Using a spatula, turn the cabbage over and let other side brown slightly. Season lightly with a dash of salt.
- Add another 1/3 of the cabbage and 1 tablespoon butter. Flip cabbage again after a couple minutes.
- Finish with remaining cabbage and last tablespoon of butter. Once cabbage is browned to your liking, add more salt to taste and pepper, if desired. Remove from heat, season with red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve.
1 thought on “fried cabbage”