fried calamari recipe. Serve with tomato sauce as a dipping sauce, this is the best recipe ever, extra crispy, easy and delicious!
Fried Calamari is a lot easier to make at home than you might think!
I get the impression that a lot of people are intimidated by deep-frying, but it’s one of the easiest and quickest cooking methods of all.
Calamari is another name for squid. You can find fresh calamari in the seafood department of many grocery stores or frozen squid in a bag in the freezer aisle.
Crispy Fried Calamari is a crisp, light and tender squid appetizer that’s easy.
MORE FRIED CALAMARI RECIPES READERS LOVE!
shrimp and scallop pasta – Favorite recipe!
easy poached eggs – the classically delicious version
Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings – quick and creamy
how to make shredded chicken – packed with flavor
Pork Fried Rice – easy favorite!
Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe – Super quick!
pineapple chicken – The perfect summer recipe
fried calamari recipes
- 8 oz cleaned squid
- 1 large egg beaten
- 4 oz all-purpose flour
- 2 oz cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- bottled tomato sauce or pasta sauce for dipping
- chopped parsley for garnishing
- Cut the tubes of cleaned squid into 1/2-inch ring.
- Transfer the squid to a big bowl with a beaten egg. Stir to mix well.
- In another big bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt. Stir to mix well. drop some squid into the flour mixture. Coat well and transfer the squid out to a strainer.
- When the oil is heated, deep fry the squid until they turn light brown. Remove the squid from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with parsley, serve warm with tomato sauce.