This delicious shrimp is cooked in a simple garlic butter sauce made with lemon juice and white cooking wine.
How to make garlic butter shrimp!
Garlic Butter Shrimp is literally quick and easy to cook. I started by melting the butter in medium heat. The olive oil was poured once the butter completely melted. It will not take long until the olive oil and butter mixture gets hot enough to cook the shrimp.
Once the oil is hot enough, add the garlic and let it cook until the color turns light brown. Slowly and gently slide the shrimp into the pan. I will advice you dry the shrimp as much as possible to prevent the oils from splattering while adding it. Start to stir-fry the shrimp until the color turns orange. This will be your queue to add the salt. Start to add half a teaspoon first and then taste it.
This easy Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe is so delicious! It’s got garlic, it’s got lemon juice, And it’s such an easy thing to make since the garlic shrimp cooks so fast.
Tip: When cooking shrimp it is wise to have your sauce ingredients already measured out and ready to go so you do not accidentally overcook the shrimp while preparing the other elements of the dish.
MORE GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
egg fried rice – packed with flavor
Spam fried rice – Super quick!
shrimp boil – the classically delicious version
garlic shrimp pasta – easy favorite!
Hunan Chicken – quick and creamy
chicken ramen noodles – light & flavorful
garlic butter shrimp
- 1/3 cup butter divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3/4 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 2 Tbs white cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley to garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Fry shrimp and add salt and pepper, to your taste. Cook 2 minutes on one side, while stirring occasionally. Flip and cook 2 minutes on the other side until JUST beginning to turn pink.
- Add in the remaining butter, lemon juice. Cook, while stirring, until the butter melts and the shrimp have cooked through . Take off heat. and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper, if needed to suit your tastes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley .