Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
best ever creamy garlic mashed potatoes infused with butter, cream, garlic.
Serve this easy recipe with garlic shrimp pasta and chicken vegetable soup for the perfect meal!
These wonderfully velvety, flavorful mashed potatoes can be made ahead of time and stored in your slow cooker for an incredibly easy side worthy of any occasion – or just your spoon.
How to make mashed potatoes:
Prep Potatoes: Start by first peeling your potatoes. I like to pick the largest potatoes because this means less surface area to peel. After you peel your potatoes, chop them into 1 1/2″ cubes. Don’t worry about being exact here, just cut them so they are generally the same size so they will cook evenly. Typically, I cut my potatoes in half, then slice each half in thirds lengthwise, then cut 1 1/2″ slices in the opposite direction.
Boil Potatoes: Next, you add your potatoes to cold water in a large skillet and add salt (NEVER start with hot water). By bringing the potatoes to a boil with the water, they cook more evenly and you aren’t left with overcooked mushy outsides and under cooked insides, but instead achieve the perfect melt in your mouth consistency.
Drain Potatoes: Drain your potatoes thoroughly otherwise you will end up with watery Garlic Mashed Potatoes instead of ideal maximum fluffiness.
Mash Potatoes: Next its mashing time! I am all about mixing my mashed potatoes with a hand held electric mixer. It creates fluffier, smoother potatoes that can’t be achieved any other way – and its effortless. Instead of just adding heavy cream or milk to our potatoes, we heat butter, heavy cream and milk together in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Next, slowly stream the butter/cream mixture into potatoes while beating on LOW until combined. The hot mixture will keep the potatoes warm and the melted butter will envelop every cranny of the mashed potatoes from the inside out.
Best garlic mashed potatoes recipes
Perfectly easy and classic creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes made with potatoes, garlic, milk and butter in just 30 minutes. The perfect side dish for any occasion.
MORE GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPES READERS LOVE!
roasted potatoes and carrots – Easy favorite!
Bacon Mushroom Pasta – fresh, easy & delicious
chicken vegetable soup – packed with flavor
Fried broccoli – Easy to make!
glazed carrots recipe – Crazy quick and easy!
Cauliflower Casserole – Family favorite recipe!
garlic mashed potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon parsley minced
- Scrub the potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Crush the garlic by putting it on a cutting board and either using a heavy plate or the flat of your knife and crushing with your palm.
- Place the potatoes and garlic into a large stockpot, covered with water by about two inches.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Heat butter, heavy cream and milk for 1 1/2 minutes. Slowly stream heated butter/cream mixture into potatoes while beating on LOW until combined. add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mash well with a potato masher until creamy, about 3-5 minutes.
1 thought on “garlic mashed potatoes”