General Tso’s Chicken
This General Tso Chicken Recipe is an incredibly flavorful Chinese chicken recipe. It is a delicious, lightly fried, Chinese style chicken that is crispy, sweet, and slightly spicy.
Is A Favorite Chinese Food Takeout Choice That Is Sweet And Slightly Spicy With A Kick From Garlic And Ginger., healthy stir-fry sauce recipes,making Chinese food at home.
This lighter General Tso’s Chicken is made with chunks of white meat chicken breast, lightly wok sautéed with an easy, If you like a sweeter sauce, you can add 1 tablespoon sugar in the sauce.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
shrimp linguine – fresh & flavorful!
Mongolian Chicken – Reader favorite!
ham fried rice – super easy
apple hand pies – ultimate comfort food!
General Tso's Chicken
- 1 pound chicken thighs cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 medium scallions minced
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Heat a large wok or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.add 1/2 tablespoon of oil then of the chicken pieces. fry in oil over medium heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil, ginger, garlic . Add the water, remaining 1 tablespoons soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar and rice vinegar whisk to combine. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and whisk sauce until starting to thicken.
- Pour sauce in the wok and stir to coat chicken. Stir in green onion . Serve immediately.