ham and potato soup recipes
This ham and potato soup is made with diced ham, Russet potatoes, An easy dinner option that’s hearty, comforting and quick to make!
You can use leftover ham, or any diced cooked ham such as a ham steak. I like to keep the pieces on the larger side so that the soup has plenty of texture.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
ham and potato soup
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cup cooked ham
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Melt of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the ham, potatoes and garlic to the pot, cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water,chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into the ham soup and stir to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper.Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.