Ham and Potato Soup recipes that’s creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk for a easy and delicious hearty soup.
This healthy soup is pure comfort food in a bowl. Easy, fast, and low-calorie, it’s one of my favorite busy weeknight meals.
HOW DO YOU MAKE HAM AND POTATO SOUP?
This soup starts with a base of carrots, onion, celery, potatoes and cubed ham. The ham and veggies simmer in chicken broth until tender, then a milk gets stirred in. Add a sprinkling of parsley and you’ve got a thick and rich soup to feed the family. This recipe can easily be doubled if you’re looking to serve a larger crowd!
This soup is made with diced ham, potatoes, carrots, celery , all in a thick . An easy dinner option that’s hearty, comforting and quick to make!
MORE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
broccoli potato soup – light & flavorful
cauliflower carrot recipes – Classic perfection
Hunan Chicken – Easy and delicious!
Cheesy Potato Soup – Favorite recipe!
garlic mushrooms – delicious classic side dish!
Ham and Potato Soup
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced medium
- 1 cups cooked ham diced medium*
- 1/2 cup celery diced small
- 1/2 cup onion diced small
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large pot, combine potatoes, ham, celery, onions, and chicken broth. Bring to a low boil and cook over medium heat until vegetables are fork-tender, 8 to 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour. Cook, stirring constantly until flour is golden, about one minute. Slowly add in milk, continuing to stir so that no lumps form and cook until mixture is thick, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour flour and milk mixture into the soup and stir. Add pepper, and salt to taste.
- Add a sprinkling of parsley. Serve and enjoy.