homemade churros- These churros are flaky and warm and practically melts in your mouth! And they are deliciously easy to make at home!
How to Make homemade Churros ！
Heat vegetable oil in a large pot or deep saute pan over medium-high heat to 360 degrees. Prepare the dough while oil is heating.
Add water, butter, sugar and salt to a large saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add flour, reduce heat to medium-low and cook and stir constantly with a rubber spatula until mixture comes together and is smooth .
Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl, let cool 5 minutes.
Add vanilla and egg to flour mixture then blend immediately with an electric mixer.
Blend until mixture comes together and is smooth.
Transfer to a 16-inch piping bag fitted with a rounded star tip (no bigger than 1/2-inch).
Carefully pipe mixture into preheated oil, into about 6-inch lengths, cut end with clean scissors.
Let fry about 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to dry briefly, about 15 seconds .Then transfer to cinnamon sugar mixture and roll to coat.
Easy churros recipes
MORE HOMEMADE CHURROS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
cornbread recipe – Easy favorite!
garlic mushrooms – Easy to make!
egg fried rice – Quick family favorite.
Vegetable Beef Soup – fresh, easy & delicious
chicken vegetable soup – the classically delicious version
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat the oil in a large pot to between 350 and 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, make the dough by heating water, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large saucepan. Once the butter is completely melted and the mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat and stir in the flour with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, stirring and mashing the dough together until the egg is fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag fitted with a large star-shaped tip.
- pipe the dough directly into the hot oil using scissors to trim to the desired length.
- Cook until dough puffs and turns golden brown, turning halfway through so all sides evenly cook. This should just take 2 to 4 minutes total.
- Carefully remove churro from oil using tongs and place on a paper towel-covered plate to drain, 1-2 minutes.
- Once the churros have cooled enough to handle, put the sugar and cinnamon into a resealable plastic bag. Put the churros in one or two at a time and gently shake until churro is coated.