These homemade egg rolls are filled with pork and vegetables, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The perfect make-ahead appetizer for any event!
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE EGG ROLLS?
The filling for these egg rolls is ground pork, shredded cabbage, carrots, and some seasonings like garlic.
HOW TO FRY AN EGG ROLL
Keep oil at 350 degrees and adjust if needed when frying.
The longer an egg roll sits cooking in oil, the more it will absorb.
These egg rolls need to be cooked to a golden brown for crunch – and should fry to done in about 5 minutes if you rotate it in the oil as it cooks.
The Best Easy Homemade Egg Rolls Recipe – easy, crispy, and delicious egg rolls that taste just like your favorite!
MORE EGG ROLLS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Pumpkin Soup – light & flavorful
Eggplant with Garlic Sauce – packed with flavor, texture & color!
black bean chorizo soup – Classic perfection
honey garlic shrimp stir fry – Easy and delicious!
Crescent Rolls – the classically delicious version
banana pancake recipe – super easy!
cinnamon raisin bread – easy favorite!
homemade egg rolls
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Heat the 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, breaking up the pork with a spatula until meat is browned and cooked through. Add the garlic and ginger then cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the coleslaw mix, carrot, and green onions. Cook until cabbage is wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil, Let cool 5 minutes.
- Layout one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you. Place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the pork mixture on the egg roll paper and fold the corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. using the beaten egg to seal the edges of the wrappers as you go.
- Pour 2-3 inches of oil into a deep pot.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees. Place the egg rolls into the heated oil and fry, Fry 3-4 egg rolls at a time, turning occasionally, until golden brown. approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels or a rack., then serve with the dipping sauce of your choice.