How to make bolognese sauce recipes
Bolognese sauce is a ground beef ragú made with pancetta, onions, carrots .
It’s perfect to make for guests when you need an easy dish to impress simply served over pasta.
Italian Bolognese Sauce produces a simply unforgettable pasta dish!
How to make bolognese sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 carrots peeled, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 Tbsp scallions minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot set over medium heat, add the oil and stir. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, and half of the salt and saute for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the ground meat, stirring and breaking lumps with a wooden spoon between each addition. keep cooking the meat, stirring from time to time. You want the meat to caramelize and even become crispy in spots.
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, remaining salt and a generous grinding of black pepper. Bring to a boil and then lower to the lowest heat setting. Half-cover and simmer gently for 1 hours.